Baileys Cheesecake tends to be an ubiquitous - but very popular - feature of many pubs and restaurant menus in Ireland. Much more unusual, and dare we say, probably even nicer is a cheesecake make with Irish whiskey. Try this foolproof Jameson version at home.
- 165g / 5.5oz butter
- 15 digestive biscuits
- 225g / 8oz icing sugar
- 275ml /10 fl oz (½ pint) fresh whipping cream
- 450g / 1lb Philadelphia cheese
- 4 caps (bottle caps) of Jameson Whiskey
White and dark chocolate for decoration
1. Place digestive biscuits in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
2. Melt the butter and add the biscuits.
3. Put into a 23cm (9 inch) loose bottom cake tin (do not press the mixture into the tin too much or your base will be too hard). Leave in the fridge to set.
4. Beat the Philadelphia and add the icing sugar.
5. Lightly whip the cream and mix into the cheese mixture.
6. Add the Jameson whiskey to the cheese and cream mixture and mix well. Pour over the biscuit base. Leave at least a few hours in the fridge and decorate with grated dark and white chocolate.