You don't know how good Tiramisu really is, until you have sampled this version! Coffee and Irish whiskey are a perfect combination - just ask anyone who has enjoyed an Irish Coffee - so combining coffee, cream and whiskey in this variation of a world renowned dessert was a no brainer.
Go on, try it - it's more or less foolproof and it will have your frends begging for more!
- 1 pack of Boudoir finger biscuits
- Very strong black coffee + 1tsp instant coffee
- 50ml / 2fl oz Tullamore Dew whiskey (to taste)
- 275ml / 10fl oz fresh Irish whipping cream
- 250g / 9 oz mascarpone
- 1 egg white whipped to stiff peaks
- Small amount of icing sugar
- Few drops natural vanilla flavouring
- Cocoa powder for dusting
1. Whip cream, mascarpone, icing sugar and vanilla together until it forms fairly stiff peaks.
2. Beat egg white until stiff and gently fold in to cream mixture.
3. Briefly dip the Boudoir finger biscuits in the coffee and whiskey mixture (biscuits should be moist, but not soggy)
4. Layer biscuits, then cream and mascarpone mixture twice.
5. Refrigerate overnight and serve dusted with cocoa powder.